6. Pilotage fees
Pilotage fees are set depending on the Gross Tonnage (GRT) of the vessel. They are established in the Regulations of Rates and Fees of the Directorate General of the Maritime Territory and Merchant Marine, approved by Supreme Decree No. 427 of 26 June 1979. They are updated annually according to the U.S. CPI and are of public access (See www.directemar.cl - Publications -Maritime Regulations - Regulations of Rates and Fees).
Maritime Agencies are in charge of embarking and disembarking Channel Pilots with their pilot boats, and for exception, due not exist pilot boats, in Bahía Cook, Cape Horn and Paso Richmond, the pilot transference is usually carried out with boats of the National Maritime Authority.
The Tug and Launch Service for mooring in port is provided by the corresponding Maritime Agency. The "Standard Fee" for the pilotage service in the channel area, for a continuous navigation between Bahía Ancud (Chacao Channel) and Bahía Posesión (eastern entry of the Strait of Magellan) within a period of 120 hours, with 2 Channel Pilots, is as follows:
|GROSS TONNAGE (GRT)||FEE|
- Over 30,000 GRT, fees increase by 5% for every additional 2,000 GRT or excess fraction.
- The "Standard Fee" includes charges for navigation in abnormal conditions occurring after starting the pilotage, such as damaged hull; propulsion, steering or anchoring systems failure or malfunction of navigation equipment, including the autopilot operated by the Pilot; and the cargo of dangerous goods, among others. The corresponding factors are applied to this "Standard Fee" according to the following Table of Sections and Multiplying Factors:
|TABLE OF SECTIONS AND MULTIPLYING FACTORS|
|Ancud/Laitec/Puerto Montt||Punta Arenas||0.850|
|Ancud/Laitec/Puerto Montt||Seno Otway (Pecket)||0.800|
|Ancud/Laitec/Puerto Montt||Puerto Natales||0.850|
|Ancud/Laitec/Puerto Montt||Puerto Chacabuco||0.400|
|Ancud/Laitec/Puerto Montt||Ports in Beagle Channel||1.150|
|Ancud/Laitec||Puerto Montt or intervals||0.150|
|Punta Arenas||Cabo Negro||0.038|
|Punta Arenas||Bahía Gregorio or Clarencia||0.080|
|Punta Arenas||Seno Otway (Pecket)||0.200|
|Punta Arenas||Puerto Natales||0.450|
|Punta Arenas||Puerto Chacabuco||0.670|
|Punta Arenas||Ports in Beagle Channel||0.400|
|Ports in Beagle Channel||Cape Horn/ Cabo San Pío / Paso Richmond||0.150|
|Puerto Williams||Canal Thomson, through Northwest area/Southwest area, back to Puerto Williams (Ventisquero Circuit)||0.27|
|Puerto Williams||Cape Horn, through Paso Picton, Paso Goree, Bahía Nassau, Paso Mantellero or Paso Mar del Sur, back to Puerto Williams (Cape Horn Circuit) (1)||0.26|
|Puerto Williams||Bahía Nassau, through Paso Picton, Paso Goree/Canal Murray, back to Puerto Williams (Navarino Circuit) (2)||0.18|
Note 1: For third-flag, tourist vessels carrying not more than 12 passengers.
Note 2: Only for Chilean flag vessels under command of a qualified Chilean Master. Furthermore, when navigation includes INLETS, SOUNDS and FJORDS away from normal navigation routes, for tourist, scientific or other purposes, an increase to the "Standard Fee" must be considered, according to the following factors:
|TABLE OF INLETS AND SOUNDS|
|Access and Exit of Inlets and Sounds||Multiplying factor|
|Seno de las Montañas||0.045|
|Seno Holloway (Puerto Slight)||0.106|
|Seno Aysén (Chacabuco)||0.220|
|Seno Unión (Puerto Natales)||0.450|
|Estero Elefantes (Laguna San Rafael)||0.320|
The Standard Fee will have the following discounts:
a) Vessels with a length (LOA) that exceeds the allowed maximum for navigating channels with the assistance of Pilots, but only in the Strait of Magellan, will have a 40% discount from the “Standard Fee”, without applying the Sections and Multiplying Factors Table.
b) Vessels authorized to navigate in a convoy following the guide ship where Pilots are embarked, will have a 50% discount from the “Standard Fee”.
Other charges to the Standard Fee:
In case of a late or early departure, delay in the submission of the request, pilotage that exceeds the maximum considered, embarkation or disembarkation out of the Compulsory Pilotage Area, or pilotage with towing, the vessel will pay:
- Delayed departure: In addition to the “Standard Fee”, 55,75 USD will be paid for hour after the first 12 hours of delay, regarding the departure date and time set in the pilotage request. After 240 hours of delay, the request will cease to have effect and the “Standard Fee” for the pilotage will be paid, plus the total amount of the delay.
- Advanced departure: 55,75 USD shall be paid for each hour in advance in relation to the requested date and time of the original departure, after having used the modification period free of charge.
- Pilotage exceeding 120 hours of navigation: 55,75 USD shall be paid for hour of excess on expiration of the 120-hour period of navigation, counted up to the time the vessel crosses or arrives at the requested pilot transfer station. If there is an accident to the vessel in which pilotage is involved, this period shall be invalidated. The payment of the pilotage for this reason is limited to the actually navigated routes and to the rest of the expenses incurred.
- Embarkation or disembarkation out of the Pilotage area: When embarking or disembarking pilots out of the Transfer Stations or ports at Beagle Channel, the vessel will pay 55,75 USD for each hour they stay on board. This amount will be charged from or until the moment the vessel crosses the parallel or meridian of the Transfer Station.
- Towing: The double of the Global Fee will be paid when the piloted vessel uses a tugboat. In this case, the Standard Fee will consider the sum of the values regarding the GRT of the tugboats, and the GRT or displacement of the towed vessel. The variable components of the Standard Fee, that is, the cost of airfares, travel allowance and insurance will be paid depending on the number of designated Pilots. In this case, the period of navigation time will be 240 hours.
- Delay in the submission of the request: 55,75 USD will be paid for each hour of delay regarding the minimum anticipation, in relation to the requested time for the start of pilotage in the port of embarkation. The minimum anticipation for the submission of the pilotage request shall be 72 hours, unless the port of embarkation is located in the Valparaiso Region or it is a local pilotage, in which case it will be reduced to 48 hours.
- Extension of the stay on board: Each one of the designated Pilots will be paid 52,70 USD per hour when, for the vessel safety and owing to express request of the vessel’s Agent or by order of the National Maritime Authority, they must remain on board after having completed the pilotage service.